I wonder

22 January 2012

Plants, Animals, and that's it this week!

Hi Y'all...

I'm kind of boring this week. I have pictures of plants, Buddha and a koi, plants, and animals. I was pretty excited about all the plants I handled this week. I made Rob a terrarium for his desk, I made one for home and I made one at work. I wish I had thought to take pictures of every one's terrariums at work but I totally spaced it! So here are this week's pictures (all on the same post Nutella)!
I took this picture because I thought it was just too funny that they were both sitting on the table looking out the window. They both do this. I wonder if they wish they were out there or just waiting to see something interesting. I never thought in my entire life I would love cats the way I love these two. I wasn't even a cat person. But somewhere along the road I found that I love these two more than anything. They entertain me and they make me wonder what's going on in their heads. Maybe I should've been a veterinarian?

Here is the terrarium I made for Rob. I'm totally addicted to the idea of putting a plant in a container and letting it help take care of itself. It's so easy and so much fun! I am definitely going to make a few more terrariums for home. 

Buddha! Koi! Oh how I think you're so awesome! I got these two things to go in my terrarium for work. I thought Buddha was going to be smaller and when he showed up all I could think was "shit, he's too big." Oh well, I still think he is awesome. I'll post a picture of my terrarium next week. I'm going to try to find a small Buddha for my terrarium, like the koi, but I'm keeping the giant Buddha next to it because it just looks cool! Yeah, I think I'm turning into a Buddhist. I'm interested in that way of life more than the regular religion's suggestions, although they have many similarities.

Okay, this was just too funny. Moose and Taj hanging out in the tub together. I'm not sure why but it was cute. I actually took like 15 pictures of them in there. I just liked this one the most because Moose looks like he is smiling.

And another picture of Taj. I was doing homework yesterday next to the Taj Mahal box and Taj decided he wanted to hang out. This was his pose. As my dear friend Fred says, he looks so regal. Yes he does.

I know I have other pictures of my money tree but I took a new one to show how good he is doing. I have a new love for plants. I don't know about gardening just yet but the idea of having a bunch of house plants gets me excited. I like learning about how they grow and react to certain things. I like taking care of them and seeing them flourish. It's just really interesting. I'm actually realizing that plants are living and live happily when you nurture them. I never thought I would turn into a lady who likes cats and plants. Am I a weirdo?

Well, here is the terrarium I made at home. I put way too much dirt in Rob's terrarium the first time, so when I took it out, I took one of the extra stems because his terrarium was pretty crowded and made a terrarium for home. I had this little gnome sitting on a shelf looking kind of sad he wasn't in a garden. I got him from one of those little tiny garden gnome box kits they had at Barnes and Noble one time. I really love gnomes. They're so stinking cute! If I were able to decorate my yard with flowers and such, I would have to have gnomes everywhere. So I had this gnome hanging out on a shelf looking lonely and knew he was perfect for this terrarium. What's your thought?

1 comment:

Natalie Schafer said...

Cat/Plant lady....Yes you are KAHHHHH-RAYYYYY-ZE!

Loving the terrariums. I want more also! They were fun to build and I love how cute mine is. I haven't posted my pics this week yet but I will, and that is one of them.

I also love Taj in his kingdom! But the tub pic is the best! Daisy loves the tub and we have to shut doors just to keep her out of it!