I wonder

02 November 2013

Pumpkin Decorating Contest

I just wanted to post really fast about the pumpkin decorating contest that the University Credit Union hosted. 

A colleague and I joined the contest in hopes of winning the $100 grand prize. We were sad to find out that we were sweeping the ballot box until the last day of voting. Another competitor had all their friends at PCMC stuff the ballot box with votes for their pumpkin. Not that their pumpkin wasn't cute, but it wasn't as elaborate and halloweenish as ours. We were slightly disappointed. 

We did win 1st in the scariest pumpkin category and 3rd in the most creative category. We can feel good about this because these were honest votes, no one stuffed the ballot box on our behalf. 

Here is the pumpkin before taking it down to the credit union.


Here is the baby that we used it's arms for the pumpkin's arms.


Amber and I posing with our pumpkin as WINNERS!


And then I put the baby's arms back on because a lot of people said the armless baby was creepy. I'm saving this for next year as a decorative item. 


That was the highlight of Halloween at work this year. We are already brainstorming what we're going to do for next year's pumpkin contest. If you have ideas, let me know!

1 comment:

Natalie Schafer said...

Clinton knows all about this. He is HUGE on voting! Just because you are far ahead through out does not mean on the last day you lose by 1 or 2 votes. Your pumpkin is awesome and really should have one. I love your creativity!