I wonder

10 January 2014

First week of school down

Well, this week started rough and ended rough. There was no smoothing things out. Let me explain. I started getting sick last week. I tried to not push myself to much so I could recover from the cold quickly.

This crap going around is relentless. I slept a lot last Sunday. When I woke Monday and Tuesday, it felt like I had a sinus infection. By Wednesday, I had a very phlegm type cough. Thursday I had class in the evening, so I felt obligated to tough it out even though my energy levels had been drained to a dangerous low point.

And now it is Friday.

Fridays are wonderful. Today though, well, today I didn't want to get out of bed. But I rolled out and got dressed. I barely combed my hair and went to work. I felt like I had to go. By 11 though, I couldn't take anymore. I called Rob to pick me up.

After I got home, I laid in bed. I've been in bed all day. And honestly, I don't feel better. In fact, this cough of mine is worse, it hurts, and my voice is very raspy.

I had to cancel my bunco plans tonight which doesn't make me happy. I couldn't deal with the idea of getting those ladies sick with whatever this gumbo is. And this gumbo....it doesn't feel like it's going anywhere for awhile. UGH!

But beyond being sick, I started my classes. I feel quite overwhelmed with my theory class. That class requires tons and tons of reading. I love to read...but when some of the material is dry, it's hard to keep my eyes open. I will get through this.

I have another statistics class this semester too. I was not looking forward to this class. I don't like statistics. Instead of feeling negative, I went to class feeling neutral. I'm glad I did. My teacher is very entertaining and seems to know how to put things into words that make sense. So maybe I'll excel in this class. Let's hope so.

With these weekly events, I didn't cook much. I did make a minestrone soup that was more like minestrone pasta. And I made a lasagna that was wonderful. Before I post the recipes though, I want to make the soup again and try to change it a little so that it's actually soup like.

Stand by mates...

1 comment:

Ferren said...

I'm sorry you're not feeling well :( Feel better soon!! Good luck with classes!