I wonder

25 January 2014

Walking through an Ice Castle

January 25th is a significant day. This is the day Rob asked me to be his girlfriend. He went old school when he asked too. He held my hand and looked me straight in the eyes. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

I said yes. 

I think the reason he did it this way is because we both talked about how much dating sucks. That people are always wearing their "personality condoms," as my mother called it. It's true too. People always put on a show. But when you really get to know them, the condom comes off and you can really see who they are. 

We just decided to be real from the get go. No games, no pretending; just the truth of who we are. And for this, I think that is why we lasted. It wasn't always easy. But at least we knew who we were "in bed with." 

To celebrate the achievement of lasting 6 years without killing each other, or better yet, just breaking up, we kept it simple. We relaxed all day and then went to dinner. We tried out this new burrito restaurant that was good but a little too pricey (I.M.O.) for a burrito. 

After we were stuffed, we drove to Midway to see the Ice Castle. 
A Fire Dancer Before Going Inside Blowing Fire From Their Mouth
Two Fire Dancers Blowing Fire From Their Mouths
The Ice Carver
The Ice Castle
Inside the Ice Castle

Top of the Ice Castle

Me

Rob


For $10 a person, I can't say it was worth that much. I was expecting more, or for it to be bigger. It was neat though and I'm glad we went. We both said that if we were to go again, we'd go during the day to see more. It was very crowded, making it hard to take pictures. 

And about us, 6 years later our relationship is easy now. We get along very well and even though we're married now, I know this is gonna work because we are a team. As the theme song on Married With Children goes...."You can't have one without the other...." That's us for sure. 

1 comment:

Ferren said...

oh you two....haha haven't killed each other or buried each other in the backyard yet ;)