I wonder

16 March 2011

3 - Does it have the same meaning?

Every time I see the American flag, I know what it means to me. I wonder though, has the value and meaning changed for most Americans. I remember a day when I was so proud to be an American, I was willing to sign a contract to fight ... fight for this flag and what it means to be an American. Times have changed, things are very different. My opinions about what this flag represents are stronger and different, this could be because the world has changed or because people evolve into things we aren't proud of. I'm not as naive as I once was, and the things I now know make me look at this flag in a different light.
One thing I'm sure of, my heart and mind still go to the same place every single time I see the flag flying high, even though my opinions are not the same as when I was a child. It's a symbol of freedom and hope.
I have the freedom to be who I need to be and so does everyone around me. I have hope that our country will get back to the roots we came from and put the same value on life as it should be. I am proud of this symbol, are you?

No comments: