I wonder

30 March 2011

16 - Spring's Sunrise in SLC





On my drive to work, I get to see some of the most beautiful sunrises. There is nothing like watching the sun rise over the Rocky Mountains just about to peak through the clouds. The mountains glow with happiness to feel the heat, the sky shines as bright as a sun burst, and I delight in the amazingly beautiful sight.











I truly feel like Utah has some of the most breath taking sunrises and sunsets. I've been all over the country and across the big ocean, and I still believe Utah has this scenery that looks like a painting. Nothing is comparable.






I often complain about living here. I'm not a snow girl at all, but one thing I would miss if I moved away is the natural beauty.




I love skyscrapers, I love the ocean, I love flat landscapes that look like they go on forever; but our mountains have an unexplainable gorgeousness about them. They shelter us from so much, including life outside of the valley.




Needless to say, I love this sunrise. I will admit that it's obvious I played with photo-shop on a few of these just to see what would happen, but the top picture here is what I saw. It was genuinely exquisite. I wish I wasn't in the car -- that I was sitting on a porch somewhere with a cup of coffee, trying to wake up while watching the sun make it's entrance over the Salt Lake City valley.