I wonder

12 November 2012

Thanksgiving throughout November - Day 12

Howdy everyone! Today was just a normal get up and go day. Work until it's done, then come home and study my buns off for my test. It's hard to think of something I'm thankful for today simply because the day seemed so ordinary. Nothing really stood out to me. But since I have committed to this challenge I'll choose....Trax. I'm thankful that we have a great public transportation system in this city.
I take Trax a few times a week to work and I must say, although it takes longer (total commute time to work: 1.5 hours, to home: 1.5 hours, total commute time 3 hours), it really is nice to not have to deal with the traffic. Yes, you heard me correctly, I travel 3 hours a day to go to work and come home. This totally sucks because by Friday, that is 15 hours spent traveling that path if I take the Train every day of the work week. The upside, my moods are more relaxed because I wasn't dealing with jack holes on the road and I do get some studying done on the train too. I definitely appreciate this, in my opinion, it's somewhat of a gift to me in my life.
 

4 comments:

Clinton Painter said...

SLC does have good public transit. Other than the extended travel time I do enjoy a good ride on TRAX.

Natalie Schafer said...

I hope that TRAX one day turns into something as wonderful as the metro in DC. I will say I think it is on it's way and has the potential. I think I would sell my car! Great thing to be thankful for!

Unknown said...

I would totally sell my car...cars are a waste of money. Although, sometimes it is nice to roll the windows down, blast the music, and cruise down the road.

Natalie Schafer said...

My car would be sold too, DC's metro makes the need for a car unnecessary!