I wonder

17 November 2012

Thanksgiving throughout November - Day 17

Today I just want to say I am so so so very thankful that Rob has the patience of someone with the wisdom of a thousand years that knows some things just aren't worth getting angry over.
 
Today we discovered yet again there was cat urine in our living room, on the carpet, in at least 2 different places. Now if I had been the one to discover this insanity and annoyance I would have flipped out. I'm already at my wits ends about this crap with the cat, but seriously we just shampooed the carpets! And honestly, when Rob told me what he found, I tried to remain calm but I was shaking I was so upset. Ugh, cats! Love them and hate them....they're like the true test of a person's character.
 
Anyway, my dear Rob was so calm about it. He just got the cleaning stuff and went to town. Now he did his best to clean it all, spent no less than an hour scrubbing the carpets and vacuuming and doing everything he could to get the urine out of the carpet. He was so nice about all of it. Today I really needed that calmness about everything.
 
I am so thankful he is able to keep his cool over the little things. Always has been this and probably always will. Thank heavens.

3 comments:

Clinton Painter said...

Pets are so wonderful, but they also can be a trial. Rob is a good man to get that cleaned up.

Natalie Schafer said...

Nathan is like that and would have done the same thing. Me? I would have gone on a tyrant about putting the dogs up for adoption! :)

Unknown said...

How do we develop the patience to deal with that?