I wonder

05 November 2012

Thanksgiving throughout November - Day 5

Good evening!
 
Today I really want to say that I am so thankful that I'm healthy and I have the physical capabilities to do so much. I saw a man this morning crossing a very wide row  (7 lanes) with arm braces, I don't know what they're called, but they're like crutches attached to your lower arms. You know what I'm talking about I hope. I've seen him before and he tries to get across the road as fast as he can before the light turns and it breaks my heart. Kudos to him for making do with what he has but at the same time, I can't imagine what life is truly like for him. Many people have disabilities that we just don't think about on a normal basis. And yet, I think sometimes I take for granted all the things I can do.
 
I feel so fortunate today that I can walk, I can run, I can swim, I can dance, I can do so many things to keep myself in good health. Being capable is truly a blessing in this life.
 

3 comments:

Natalie Schafer said...

It's these small things that we all take for granted that are great things to remember and be thankful for. Great post Melissa!

Clinton Painter said...

Love your post Melissa! When we are healthy we sometimes forget about how lucky we really are!

Melissa Buckner said...

You know working at the U school of medicine, I see a lot of disability that I just don't see...if that makes sense. And today, remembering this post really made me reflect some more. We are so fortunate.