I wonder

23 November 2012

Thanksgiving throughout November - Day 22

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! Today was really a good day. Rob was being silly almost the whole day which was awesome. We ate like we had never had good food before. And our dear Moose was feeling better today. He played with Babe (my inlaws new, beautiful puppy) for hours and was totally wore out on the way home. They seem to love each other now.
 
You know, there were a few years in there that I hated the holidays. They made me realize what I wanted in a family and what I was missing. This year has been different. This particular year there have been so many changes and I feel my life coming together quite nicely. I wasn't dreading Thanksgiving. I wasn't super excited either. But you know it was a good day. It was easy, everything flowed how it was supposed to.
 
I'm genuinely thankful that I've had the chance to start my family this year. I truly believe that Rob and I will come up with some wonderful traditions in our family that will be passed down for generations. Like him drinking a ton of cofee first thing, playing video games for an hour, and then just being happy the rest of the day. Okay, that's not a true tradition, he does that all the time, but I guess it could be. Our lives wouldn't be the same if he didn't do that stuff. I can say that getting married to him was probably the best thing to happen to me. Sure, there are times he drives me crazy and I'd like to do more than ring his neck (like drag him out back and knock him out), but when I look at the big picture I can't see anyone else being there. We have been through so much in the near five years of our relationship and nothing seems to tear us apart. At the end of the day we look at each other and say I love you and that feeling of true love, appreciation, happiness, wholeness, and family is there.
 
I'm thankful that he was and is so patient with me. That he knows my moods now and works through them. When I'm down, he tries to fix it. When I'm angry, depending what it's about, he either tries to talk to me or he knows to give me my space. When I'm happy, he wants to be happy with me. When I'm being lazy, he lets me be lazy and tells me to not feel guilty about it. It's nice to have someone there that lets me be me without resenting me or being disgusted with me. Not that I'm disgusting, but I can definitely be a very difficult person. Shoot, when I don't know what I want I can be the biggest asshole even though I'm not trying to be that way. And here comes this man who is like, that's fine, be an ass, I'll be here until you figure it out. And he has been.
 
I'm thankful for the silly things he does too. Like one time this summer he put the milk in closet instead of the fridge. I guess he was still half asleep when he filled up his bowl of cereal and thought that was where it went. I discovered the milk several hours later when I went to make lunch and laughed so hard. It's silly and wonderful. He laughed too. I love when he laughs so hard, he doesn't make a real laughing noise, he gets kind of quiet and then his eyes tear up. That kills me because it's like, if you're laughing that hard, then you gotta be feeling joy. I love how he talks about Moose. Anyone who knows us and knows Moose knows what I'm talking about. He says Moose is noble. Moose is all-knowing. Moose is not a dog. He cracks me up. But truth be told, Moose is probably the best dog on the planet. I've never met anyone who has been that way with their pet either. He treats him so good and Moose reciprocates the love.
 
I have so much to be thankful for today. And the one thing that I feel needed to be shared was that this start to my family has been wonderful. I'm so glad it's finally happening to me. This is exactly where I want to be in my life.  

1 comment:

Clinton Painter said...

This is a great post. Love it from start to finish.