I wonder

03 November 2012

Thanksgiving throughout November - Day 3 (Skipping Day 1 and 2)

Oh I cannot believe this year is nearly over! It's hard to believe it. This has been such a wonderful year for me. So many changes have happened from getting married to switching jobs and so much in between. I am happy and it's not just a facade, I am genuinely happy about life.
 
This first post is being thankful to be alive. The last few years of my life have been hard. I've gone through so much and have struggled to stay on a good path. There have been times I wanted to take the dark road and give up, but I didn't. Some of my friends haven't faltered in giving me the support that I needed and they believed in me that I could make it through. And now I feel I have made it through the shadows and I'm looking up and see nothing but sunshine.
 
I can say now that as I look back over the last few years and see where I came from, I am proud of myself. I overcome so much and tried to remain true to myself by working on positivity, being a good person, a good friend, and trying to constantly grow into an amazing adult. There have been times it was difficult but I feel I've made huge leaps towards the person I know I can be.
 
This year I am so thankful that I am still alive. I am thankful that I didn't give up (thanks to many of my friends and some family) and that I'm here standing on top of the old pile of shit and looking at nothing but an exciting and wonderful future ahead of me. I am married now to someone who knows me and can tolerate my moods and lazy behavior. I lucked out there. I have a new job that I can see the endless possibilities of opportunity. I am almost done with school at the community college which is a huge goal for me. I am working towards having my very own family. I see in myself a truly good person, not someone who pretends things are okay and lets people walk all over me. I stand up for myself now. I am constantly thinking about my energy and if I'm staying positive.
 
Things in life are better than they've ever been and I see them getting better. I can't wait to look back at this moment in 5 years and see how much more joy I feel. I've learned that life is totally what we make of it. Life is good.

4 comments:

Natalie Schafer said...

Life is good! Your post is awesome! Your wreath is gorgeous! And I'm glad our paths are at a cross right now. I enjoy having you in my life! Love you my friend!!!

Melissa Buckner said...

My wreath is too puffy to fit on the door and between the screen door. Not sure what I'm going to do. Sad. Love you too Friend!

Clinton Painter said...

Beautiful post Melissa! So glad you are having such a great year! You are an awesome person, I miss seeing you at the FC.

Melissa Buckner said...

Clinton!!! I miss seeing you too! I hope you're doing well! We should have a get together with Natalie, aka Nutella!