I wonder

04 November 2012

Thanksgiving throughout November - Day 4

Good morning fine people of the Internet world! I cannot believe I am up this early on a Sunday. But I'm not complaining. This morning I prepared a pot roast and now it's in the slow cooker. I'm hoping that it will taste YUUUUUMMMMY! We will see in a few hours.
 
I am thankful for having a home, a roof over my head and having the ability to sleep in or get up early. I get to wake up at my leisure on the weekends and do as I wish, like this morning, getting up early and making a pot roast.
 
I am sitting here watching "Once Upon a Time" drinking coffee and reflecting on how fortunate I am to have so much. There are many people out there who don't have what I have. They go without, they get up daily to work, to fight for life, and here I am...I don't go without. A lot of that is because I have the world's best husband, but a lot of it is because I work hard too. I am lucky. Home is the best place to relax, rejuvenate, reflect, and to realize all the blessings you have...all while making memories too. I am so thankful I have a place to call home with my best friend.
 
Today's thanks go to having a home. I find my comfort, my rest, my happiness, my life at home. Now let's hope my pot roast looks and tastes this good today!
 

2 comments:

Natalie Schafer said...

Hey, my comment didnt stay before! Your pot roast turned out yummy and I bet your banana cream pie for dessert was amazing haha! I love that we both posted very similar!

Melissa Buckner said...

I was just checking that. :) Yep all the food I've had today has been magnifique!