I wonder

14 November 2012

Thanksgiving throughout November - Day 14

I can't believe this month is half way over. Can you? I can't believe that we are almost to the year 2013 either. Where does the time go? I have spent the last 2 1/2 years working hard at work and at school and time has really flown by.
Today I am really thankful that I have managers that are so willing to give me tasks that allow me to 1) work at my own pace, 2) use my abilities fully, 3) help me grow and learn new things. For the last few days I have been working on some financial data at work. I really enjoy this type of work because it clicks in my brain for some unknown reason. And today one of my managers gave me some additional work for this project. I don't think he expected me to keep working on it and try to figure it out. When he came over to see how I was doing he was so surprised and so happy that I had started one of the tougher parts of the project and I was getting it. I was happy to see his appreciation and excitement that I just took the reigns and went with it.
I feel I am very lucky to have managers that let me do this. They aren't standing over my shoulder constantly, nor are they preventing me from doing more because they simply want to keep all the tough projects to themselves. I really do work with some great people and I'm very thankful I'm apart of their team.

2 comments:

Clinton Painter said...

Great post. You are a great worker. I love having good managers. Ones that support, encourage, and allow you to grow.

Natalie Schafer said...

This is a great post and I am so glad you are happy with your change!