I wonder

13 November 2012

Thanksgiving throughout November - Day 13

Today was such a weird day. I was running a little late for work today and ended up being about 15 minutes late. Which is fine, but gosh I don't like being late for work. At work, I was very productive...I got tons of work done today actually. After work, I had my god-awful math test that I don't feel confident about at all. Rob's calculator died on me in the first 5 minutes. I was forced to do the best I could with the tools I had. Cringe...I really hope I pass this class.
Now that I'm home and I've eaten Panda Express and drank a Dr. Pepper, I'm starting to feel better. My headache is subsiding and I feel like I can relax. I hate days like today normally because they just take all of the energy I can muster up right out of me. What a drag.
You know though, I was craving broccoli and cheese soup for the last week. I wanted this soup so bad and the cafeteria at work didn't have it. Finally today when my manager came back from her ice break, she told me they had broccoli and cheddar soup in the cafeteria. You know what, this was such a delight for me. This is probably one of my most favorite soups and getting that today really was awesome. You know what else rocked...my Panda Express. It was so good and seriously, I usually have left overs, but this time I ate it all!!!!
So today, I'm really thankful for food and comfort food. It is amazing what food does for us and how much better a person can feel after eating something they love. I can't imagine a life of eating bugs and dirt, we are blessed to have such wonderful things to eat.

3 comments:

Clinton Painter said...

Nice post. There is just something about that comfort food that makes us feel, well comfortable. :-)

Natalie Schafer said...

Comfort food is the best! Comfort food with good friends...even better! I think we need a night where we make some broccoli and cheddar soup! Sorry to hear about your test, I'm sure you did fine!

Unknown said...

Food really is just ... AMAZING! I love it and I'm so glad that we actually get to enjoy it! And yes, let's make some homemade broccoli and cheddar soup! SOON!